Third Grade Study Guide. Test is Tuesday, November 25th.
THIRD GRADE STUDY GUIDE FOR ROCKS TEST ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25th.
These are things recommended for you to do or think about in preparation for your Science test on Tuesday.
- Reread Chapter 7
- Study vocabulary words. You will have the same type of vocabulary questions as you had today on the vocabulary quiz.
- Read each lesson checkpoint question and be able to think of an appropriate answer.
- Know what all rocks contain.
- Know the three types of rocks.
- Know which type of rock is the only rock that fossils are found in.
- Be able to explain how layers are made in sedimentary rock (think about our demonstration with the cup layers.)
- Tell why bone is not a mineral.
- Explain the importance of soil.
- Explain why decaying plants and animals are important to soil.