Welcome to Kindergarten! There is an exciting year awaiting, designed to promote and enhance your child’s growth and development. This very important year promises to be one filled with discovery and joy as your child works in an environment that is warm, safe and challenging.
My name is Ms. Porter. This is my second year teaching Kindergarten at Kipling. Prior to coming to Kipling, I taught Preschool for two years. I hold a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Early Childhood Education from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
The structure of daily activities are carefully planned to encourage independence, self confidence and group cooperation through large group, small group and one-on-one participation in a variety of hands-on, interactive experiences. The activities will incorporate instruction and skill reinforcement in reading readiness, mathematics, writing, science and social studies, and social/emotional skills.
I am looking forward to working together to make this a successful school year. Below are school supplies that your child will need this school year to participate in learning.
Kipling School’s Kindergarten Supply List
Personal Supplies: Please print your child’s first and last name on the following items before sending them to school:
• 2 Composition notebooks
• Over the ear headphones for computer use (Please send headphones in a zipper sealed bag with your child’s name written on the front.)
• 1 plastic pencil case
• 4 poly/plastic folders with clasps (1 each: yellow, red, green, and blue)
• 3 packs Crayons 24 count box (replenish throughout the school year)
• Colored pencils – 12 count(replenish throughout the school year
• 2 packs of 24 or more Ticonderoga #2 pencils (replenish throughout the school year)
• 1 pair of scissors
Large pink erasers (rectangle shape- not pencil toppers)
Washable colored markers
- A set of underwear, clothes and socks in case he/she needs to change and labeled. Please label and place clothing in a clear, rectangular plastic bin
Community Supplies: The following items will be shared and do not need to be labeled:
• A pack of 6 or more standard glue sticks (replenish throughout the school year.
• 2 packages of Post-it notes
• 2 yellow highlighters
• A pack of Expo Markers, black thick and low odor
• 1 pack of 4 X 6 index cards
• 1 large bottle of liquid hand soap
• 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
• 1 box gallon Ziploc bags
• 2 rolls of paper towels
• 2 boxes of tissue
• 2 reams of white copy paper
• 1 container of disinfecting wipes
At Home Supplies:
In an effort to ensure that all students are prepared for school each day, students will leave all supplies, including crayons, glue and scissors at school. Students must have a set of supplies including pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue at home to complete homework assignments.
For students to achieve their best learning, they must be present and on-time daily. I wouldn’t want them to miss any exciting activities. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via the following methods:
Remind app : www.remind.com/join/misskporte OR text @misskporte to the number 81010.