Week 2-21-17 Middle School Science Explorations 6th, 7th, and 8th
Week of Feb 21 - Mar 3, 2017
BHM Science Digital Project= All items in the Science Writing Rubric must be adhered too along with the items listed below.
1. Document name BHM Sci rm # & Your first last name.
Ex: BHM Sci rm 118 Kay Jones.
2. A document title that grabs the reader’s attention in the center of your document colored bold font.
3. Provide a picture of the person.
4. Include the date of birth and date of death if person is deceased.
5. Provide information about the person’s early life, education, accomplishments, and their importance to science. Font size 12, color black, font type ( you pick no cursive fonts).
P 1- Early Life
P 3- Accomplishments
P 4- Importance to Science/What did you learn from researching the life of this person?
6. Share 3 links you used to gather your information. Two of the three links must end in .gov, .org, or .edu. The links must be active in the body of your document.
7. Summarize the information you locate do not plagiarize. Do not copy and paste information.
8. At the end have your parent/guardian follow the example: Ex: I Mrs. Gale have checked Steven Gale’s digital project using the rubric. Please leave a contact number or email.
9. Once you and a parent have checked your BHM Science digital project twice you will email it to email@example.com /can comment.
10. Due Dates
Rm 123 6th 3-1-17
Rm 122 7th 2-27-17
Rm 120 8th 2-27-17
Rm 118 6th 3-1-17
8th Grade MS PS 2-1 / Apply Newton’s Third Law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of two colliding objects.
Forces and Newton’s Laws of Motion - 26 slides
Unit 8B: Forces Newton’s Laws of Motion
MS-ESS3-5. Ask questions to clarify evidence of the factors that have caused the rise in global temperatures over the past century.
Clouds - Students explored the different kinds of clouds and how they inform us about our weather.
Homework- Research and provide 2 links that end in .org, .gov, or. edu. You will find out how weather was determined in the past before the use of today’s technology. Students will complete their "Cloud Classification". Each student is to take a family outside as they identify and share what they know about clouds and how this is related to changes in weather.
2-23-17 6th Grade Thursday - You will take your knowledge from Wednesday as you embark on new understandings. ck12.org
6th Grade 2-23-17
Reducing Greenhouse Gas Pollution
Atmospheric greenhouse gas levels can be reduced by reducing emissions, or by geoengineering.