Room 119 5th 4-29-16
5th Grade Room 119 4-29-16 / Poetry
Technology Skills- Plan and execute strategies to guide research and complete projects.
· Different kinds of poetry
Good Morning, April is National Poetry Month. You will visit links, read, pick a genre of poetry, and proceed to engage in self-expression.
Directions- Rubric = A
1. Open www.kiplingtigers.org read carefully once you have read all the information minimize this page do not close this page
2.Name the Google document “Poetry and your room number”- Example Poetry Room 119
3.Place all identifiable information single spaced vertically in the top left hand corner of your document (name, room number, date, grade, topic/subject & genre)
4.You can only pick one of the three genre of poetry I have listed no exceptions. You will click the link below read and select 1 of the 3 options for your genre:
A. Haiku B. Free Verse C. Diamante
5.Write a title for your poem based on one of the topics (Fun, Family, or Friends). The subject is not your title. Create a title for your poetry from the subject you have selected. Place the title in the center of your document, underline, bold print, color blue, & font size 24 - Your topic is not your title. Example- Topic= Family
The title is “The Gale Storm”.
The Gale Storm
6.Your poem must be reflective of a 6th grader
7.Poetry length - 6 or more stanzas. In poetry, a stanza is a division of four or more lines having a fixed length, meter or rhyming scheme.
8.All rules of grammar apply as you type
9.Correct all errors
10. Follow the rules for the genre of poetry you have selected.
11. You will finish this project by 5-9-16.
You will share with a classmate as you both peer edit each other’s work checking the rubric for that genre found at the link.
12. Do not send me your work until you have peered edited, had a parent/guardian look it over, and you proofread it twice. You will then add 1 or 2 images that coincide with your genre of poetry.
13. Once this project is completed share your form of poetry with me by
5-9-16 email@example.com/ can comment