Room 103 /4-29-16 3rd Grade
4-29-16 Room 103/3rd / Technology Skills
Continue to develop strategies to collect information, solve problems and complete projects
Plan and execute strategies to guide research and complete projects
In poetry, a stanza is a division of four or more lines having a fixed length, meter or rhyming scheme.
“April National Poetry Month”. You will visit links, read, pick a genre of poetry, and proceed to engage in self-expression.
1. Open www.kiplingtigers.org read carefully once you have read all the information minimize this page do not close this page
2. Name the document “Poetry and your room number”- Example Poetry Room 103
3. Place all identifiable information vertically in the top left hand corner of your document (name, room number, date, grade, subject, and genre)
5. Write a title of your poem based on one of the topics (Fun, Family, or Friends) The topic is not your title you will use the topic to create a title.
. Example - My topic is family so my title has to be about my family. I decided my title will be, “The Gale Storm”
6. Your poem must be reflective of a 4th or 5th grader
7. Poetry length - Long 6 or more stanzas
8. All rules of grammar apply as you type
9. Correct all errors
10. Follow the rules for the genre of poetry you are creating
11. You will finish this project by 5-9-16.
12. You will share with a classmate as you both peer edit each other’s work, you will have a parent or guardian review your poetry, and you will proofread it twice. All three must be done before you email it to me on May 9, 2016.
13. Once this project is completed share your form of poetry with me by 5-9-16 firstname.lastname@example.org / can comment