May 3, 2016 & 4-28-16 Room 104 3rd & 4th Graders National Poetry Month
Different kinds of poetry
4-28-16 Room 104 - Ms. Black 4th Grade
Technology Skills- Plan and execute strategies to guide research and complete projects.
1. How can you use research to gain information about a genre of poetry?
2. Why did you select this topic for your poetry?
3. How did you develop your title? Where does your title belong on your document?
4. Why do all rules of grammar apply when you type a document?
5. How can you ensure a great completed piece of poetry?
Good Morning, April is National Poetry Month. You will visit links, read, pick a genre of poetry, and proceed to engage in self-expression.
1. Open www.kiplingtigers.org read carefully once you have read all the information minimize this page do not close this page
2. Name the Google document “Poetry and your room number”- Example Poetry Room 104
3. Place all identifiable information vertically in the top left hand corner of your document (name, room number, date, grade, topic/subject & genre)
4. Write a title of your poem based on one of the topics (Fun, Family, or Friends) Place the title in the center of your document, underline, bold print, & font size 18 - Your topic is not your title. Example-
The Gale Storm
5. Your poem must be reflective of a 4th or 5th grader
6. Poetry length - 6 or more stanzas if you are doing an Acrostic poem you must use a minimum of 4 words
7. All rules of grammar apply as you type
8. Correct all errors
9. Follow the rules for the genre of poetry you are creating
10. You will finish this project by 5-5-16.
11. You will share with a classmate as you both peer edit each other’s work
12. Do not send me your work until you have peer edited, had a parent/guardian look it over, and you proofread it twice. You will then add 1 or 2 images that coincide with your genre of poetry.
13. Once this project is completed share your form of poetry with me by 5-6-16 firstname.lastname@example.org/ can comment