3-3-16 Rm 104 Maggie Walker Poster 2/ Due 3-8-16 @ 11:00 a.m.
3-3-16 Room 104 - 4th Graders
4th Technology Skills: Research information retrieval. Plan and execute strategies to guide research. Students will use given websites to create BH (black history poster) You may open your school websites to read the information and access the links you will read to assist as you complete the assignment. www.kiplingtigers.org
Links / Articles Maggie Walker
You can review this video link below outside of school. This is the video we watched in class as you took notes on a Google Document.
1. How did you use technology to increase your knowledge during Black History month?
2. How can the school website assist in increasing your understanding of Black historians?
3. Did you share your findings with your family? How did that go?
Directions- Follow the rubric below as you open a word document that is named Room 104 MW Poster 2. You will follow the rubric below to receive a great grade. Do not copy paste information from the articles to your Google Doc read the information and place information in your own words. Remember to use grammar and spell check as you work.
Poster= Rubric = A / Place all identifiable information in the top left hand corner of your document.
1. Slogan that grabs the reader’s attention that includes the historian’s name in the center of your document
2. Early Life: 1 paragraph about her early life or 5 bulleted key details about her early life
3. Importance to Black History: 1 paragraph about her accomplishments that share why she is important to Black History or 5 bulleted key details that share her importance to Black History
4. Legacy: 5 bulleted points that share the legacy she left to young people today.
5. My Life: How has the life and accomplishments of Maggie Walker inspired you to greatness? What can you learn from her life that can be applied to your life for success?
**Remember to share your document with firstname.lastname@example.org and select can comment.