Week of 2-16-16
Room 108 3rd and 4th graders
Technology- Use computers for creative & expressive writing using basic formatting (all rules of grammar apply). Plan and execute strategies to guide research. Use teacher given websites to gather information.
Article- Shirley Chisholm
Directions- Create a poster that shares the accomplishments of Shirley Chisholm.
1. Place all identifiable information in the top left hand corner of your Google document
2. Document name= Room # - Shirley Chisholm Notes
3. Take notes as you view the video and read the article using bullets points
4. Remember notes are short phrases/fragments with important information
5. Share with firstname.lastname@example.org / can comment
6. Share before the end of class today
Document Name= Room number S.C. Poster
1. Slogan that grabs the reader’s attention that includes the historian’s name centered on your poster
2. 12 key points about the trailblazer that you found outstanding using bullets
3. Information about her early life (1 paragraph)
4. Information about her professional life (2 paragraphs)
5. Share the legacy she left to young people today (5 bulleted points)
6. Share how her story inspires you to greatness
7. Include 3 images that share her life accomplishments.
8. Share your poster and rubric with parents before you share the documents with email@example.com
This is due 2-23-16 @ 1:00 pm/ Room 108