November 2016 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders - Welcome to a month of exploration!
8th Grade / PS1-1-2 Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
Directions- Today you will read the information at the link below as you take notes titled, "What is a Chemical Reaction?"
You will compare and contrast the poster with the notes you have taken in the lab as you independently read.
Class work 11-3-16 / Chemical Change Brochure
Create a brochure that shares your scientific understandings of “A Chemical Change”. Rubric: Include the following:
1. All identifiable information on the front with the standard and an illustration.
2. A title that grabs the reader’s attention.
3. Subheadings titled, “The Reactants” & “The Products” with 5 bullets sharing clear and concise information.
4. What might give evidence of a chemical reaction?
5. List all 4 subheadings sharing 4 key details using bullets.
6. Subheadings for “Acids & Bases” with 5 bullets sharing clear and concise information.
7. Did You Know- List 5 interesting things key details for the reader or things you didn’t know before this exploration?