Rocks & Minerals Study Guide
2-23-15 Study Guide/ Test 2-26-15 / No Book / No Notes
Earth’s Structure- Directions- Create a study guide using notebook paper as you give a written response for all items below in Lessons 4,5, and 6.
Monday- Directions- You will organize your study guide in correlation with the text.
L4- Sedimentary Rocks= Skim and scan the text locate the answer in the text and write it on your study guide.
- How do sedimentary rocks form?
Write the definition for each term:
2. What are the 3 major types of sedimentary rocks? Write the definition for each term:
- clastic rock
- organic rock
- chemical rock
3. How are sedimentary rocks used?
- List purposes in which sedimentary rocks would be used.
L5- Metamorphic Rocks= Skim and scan the text locate the answer in the text and write it on your study guide.
- What are metamorphic rocks?
- How do metamorphic rocks form?
- How are metamorphic rocks classified?
- How are metamorphic rocks used?
- Foliated- define
Class- Read pages 62-65, take notes, and discuss the questions with your team using inside voices. L6- Rock Cycle
- Does the rock cycle have a beginning and an end? Explain
- What kind of rock forms from pieces of rock?
- How is recycling glass like events in the rock cycle?
- Explain the rock cycle.
** Study Study Study**- Please share your study guide with your family and ask them to quiz you.